Sunday 29 November 2015

Old places, new faces

Coast

One advantage of having been here before is that there are places I went to that I enjoyed and wanted to visit again: four years ago, we paid a brief visit to the Clifton Historical Authority, a national park that is on the far southwestern tip of New Providence.

Pirate Steps

Didn't have much of an opportunity to explore, and, to be honest, there wasn't much there that talked about why it was a protected area.

Looking out

About the only thing that there was to see that was serious was Sacred Space by Antonious Roberts.

Follow the, uh....

Imagine my surprise when we went earlier this week to discover wide paths, picnic areas, excellent signage, and a wonderful Sir Nicholas Nuttall Coral Reef Sculpture Garden installed as part of Bahamas Reef Environment Educational Foundation (BREEF)!

Life list: check

I'll be returning with snorkling gear to explore it next week, weather permitting, and trying out a cheap little underwater Fuji camera so I can, I hope, take some photographs.

So long. Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.