Wednesday 14 October 2015

Love and understanding, more or less



The positivity of the last few months continues, building upon successes and challenges I've faced and overcome. So much so that when I was at an event last night, across the lobby, I recognized someone from several previous lives ago who had an enormous impact (both good and bad) on me for decades: if the encounter had taken place ten years ago, I know I would have gone over and tried to rekindle the relationship.

But all I did was turn and walk away.

Been there. Done that.

Shifting colours

One of the best parts, I think, is that I'm going out more, whether with camera in hand on Saturday as my reward for voting early in our federal election, or going to see friends perform at Wordfest (the local literary extravaganza) and Fluid Fest most evenings this week. It's not that I didn't go out before, but now, I'm taking more than a certain pleasure in doing so. It's a chance to broaden my horizons, see the talented people who keep my creative batteries charged up, or well, just have fun. Fun has been in short supply in my life the last 4.5 years, compared to the last month or so.

Few flowers left

Apart from fun, I've also begun to catch-up on things that I've put off for, uh, awhile, like sorting through all the stuff I had in storage, and tossing: I'm continuing to do that too. Along the way, I'm finding things I thought were lost, and realizing others things have either been lost or stolen along the way. And I'm OK with that too now.

Skyline

I've got a boatload of news waiting to be confirmed as well, once I get some of the details nailed down, but in the meantime, it's back to the studio table, the knitting needles, and the computer before putting on my disguise as "social butterfly."

Farewell

1 comment:

  1. found my way over here after a long while to read such good news.

    ReplyDelete

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.