Wednesday 7 December 2011

Deracinating

The keys to my tree


Echos abound here.


In every room.


All the art has been pulled from the walls, except for two calendars, put in boxes, and taken to storage.


Bookcases are empty.


Gone, not forgotten


Big Red has been towed away.


Closets are being packed up.


The tent, skis, golf clubs, camping kitchen, and bicycle are gone to storage.


My suitcase, travelling art kit, iPod, and laptop are organized, loaded, charged, tinkered with, and ready to become as disconnected as I am starting to feel.


view


I'll return to this, which is from the site-specific installation I will work on when I return.


Before


The locates have been done since I shot this picture, measurements taken, and the materials set aside to work on when the days get longer.


Days are amazing, terrifying, too short / long / complex / frustrating.


At least I've quit hyperventilating and freaking out: it will all be packed and moved and done.


Hopefully without having to pull an all-nighter....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.