Tuesday 21 August 2007

My Mental Health Place

Standish Lookout

It's cranially challenging when every week is "one of those weeks," and that's what it has felt like lately here.

Keeping my fingers crossed, I needle-felted the most recent incarnation of covers for What I Felt and even managed to pick up a supply of blue tatami paper from Lisa Isley at In A Bind, my local bookbinding supply emporium.

(And, um, well, picked up some other papers and another sheet of book board, so I think I'm set for that sort of stuff for awhile. I hope!)

I haven't used the fusible webbing to weld the paper to the felt yet, but I'm hoping to next week. After that, it should be a simple matter of gluing the covers to the boards and attaching the text blocks, assuming all goes well....

Most of the rest of my week saw me figuratively chained to my computer, pounding away at the two documents I need to finish by the time I go up to Edmonton next Wednesday.

Then there was the Sheep-to-Shawl at the Millarville Fair on Saturday, where we did pretty good by coming in second: no one, and I mean no one, could have beat out Sheep Creek Weavers with their glorious ikat-dyed warp and black weft. Unfortunately, I had battery problems with my camera and was unable to get pictures.

Thankfully, I got the camera problems straightened out before we headed up to go hiking up at Sunshine Village on Sunday. Not the nicest day, with scattered drizzle and a north wind, but it certainly reduced the crowd on the bus up (it wasn't half-full) and along the trails: the picture at the top of this entry is a panorama of shots I took from the Standish Lookout (a larger version can be found here).

The best part was the overcast made taking pictures of the prolific wildflowers much easier, and the peace and quiet of the mountains was the appropriate counterpoint for the craziness of the rest of the week and what I know will be another ten days of flat-out hard work.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You must be in FINE mental health. That's just breathtaking, especially from here in flat (and currently quite soggy) prairie.
    I really liked your lovely colors on the previous entry, too.
    al best,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you

    I just found new flexagon finds that flat-out fascinated me, but that I have absolutely no understanding of. Anyways, I thought you might be interested.

    ReplyDelete

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.