Friday 9 November 2012

Living in a snow globe

Sunset

When I arrived back in Calgary, it was to several days of cold grey fog -- the weather, not me! But it wasn't exactly photo-friendly, and now we have close to a foot of snow on the ground.

So in self-defence, I'm trying to warm myself up by posting more of the glorious fall pictures I took in Ontario and Quebec.

Another brick in the wall

The flip side is that I've stayed busy since returning home: if I had thought I'd get a break from all the running-around I was doing in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal, I would have been kidding myself.

Astrolabe

One of the more enjoyable evenings -- besides those spent with friends, sharing stories, dinners, and a few good beverages -- was last night, when I braved the elements to be one of the artist-in-resident alumni to speak at the Calgary Allied Arts Foundation annual general meeting.

Autumn

(The stories from my adventures at the residency from January to March 2010 can be found here, here, here, and here.)

Yellow/Teal

I showed pictures of the work I had created at the residency, my most recent installation commission, and the Picton Parkette Project to a small but appreciative audience.

Got to talk to the other two presenters and most of the other attendees after, and sounded out a few people about my upcoming major adventure for the summer of 2014, all of which was very positive. More details about it as it comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.