Tuesday 2 February 2016

Regime change

Psychedelic!

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions, because, and there is science to prove this, they mostly don't work: they get made in the heat of the moment and the glow fades quickly.

One wag on Facebook posted a status that read something to the effect that he was going to open a fitness centre on January 1 called "Resolutions" that would disappear on February 1 to become a bar instead, because that was the only way he'd make money.

Installation

My choice has always been to make them on my birthday, and, for the most part, that's been more successful: that being said, once 2016 appeared, I could feel myself sliding backwards.

Fast.

Snow shadows

There were a number of reasons -- there always is -- starting with the deaths of so many icons of my teens and twenties: like so many of us who discovered music in the twenty years starting in the mid/late-1960s, I began to dread waking up in the morning to hear an announcement that someone else who shaped my early listening was no longer with us.

Hard to charge

Then a friend who had suddenly taken ill while I was in The Bahamas went into hospice care, and died last week.

The Dancing Branch

It began to gnaw at my brain early in the month, and quickly, too many old bad habits take over my life, especially when I should have known better.

Four fine hours of work

So with the beginning of February, I'm back on track. Apologies to those who got caught in the downward spiral -- it's not a regular habit of mine to text late and under the influence, really -- and to those who couldn't understand why I wasn't building stuff or knitting, and keeping odd hours.

Apart from spending more time in the studio, taking pictures, and writing, I'll be spending less on Facebook: let's see how that works….

1 comment:

  1. this january was less than stellar. period. studio time should heal all that.

    ReplyDelete

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.