Saturday 1 December 2007

All Washed Up

Seaweed

I've been remiss about posting because at my first curling lesson last Saturday, I went thump on my backside while learning -- obviously not well enough! -- to walk on the ice sheet while wearing a slider.

To be kind, sitting down in one spot for more than a few minutes at a time this week hasn't been one of life's more comfortable adventures.

There's no swelling, the rather nasty bruise (think small Japanese eggplant) is going, and I no longer feel like I've been run over by a Zamboni.

In my previous entry, I mentioned about going to Vancouver with camera in hand, and before I did my poor imitation of Pat Ryan (a well-known Canadian mens curler with a penchant for sprawling flat out on the ice after delivering his shots), I sat down and started tinkering with Photoshop Elements 4 on my Mac.

While I didn't tinker with the colour of the washed-up bit of seaweed in the picture above, I did turn the rest of the shot into a black-and-white one.

While walking around Stanley Park two weeks' ago, we noticed a floating kelp bed to the east of Prospect Point: a good sign for the ecological health of Burrard Inlet.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try curling.
    (Don't need an eggplant bruise, however).

    ReplyDelete

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.