Thursday 22 October 2015

Two and a half?



With Canada's federal election now over, I'm hopeful that the majority of my Facebook content will go back to being pretty photographs with memes, instead of the overwhelming number of political posts from all sides of the fence.

Yesterday, I was rewarded when one of my old friends posted one that read "What we all want in life: to travel, fall in love, and be happy." I jokingly suggested that I figured that was, as the song above says, working on two, but realized that, in fact, I was actually doing better than that.

Patterns

I haven't done much travelling in the last two years, certainly not like I did the first two years of being alone, and I've missed it, in some ways. Granted, those first two years were spent in an emotional wilderness because I couldn't do much else, and despaired of ever getting out of it.

Moult #3

But as I've be happier in my own skin again, actually having better friendships has become something I've found I'm more comfortable with. I'm not where close to being "in love" but the concept isn't repulsive either: coming from someone who had a panic attack three years ago when someone tried to hold me, that's a major advancement.

chugchugclangclang

So I'm hitting the road -- first to the West Coast, and then to the East Coast -- leaving next week, and apart from five days in between spent in Calgary, I won't be back until Christmas, with my brain recharged, ready to head back into the studio to make art. There may, or may not, be some blog posts along the way, but I make no guarantees.

Gull #1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.