Sunday 17 April 2011

Out of sight, sometimes out of mind

Guess who we cheer for?

For regular perusers of this blog, you'll notice there's been a longer-than-usual gap between postings. There's a reason for that.

While I waited for my Alberta Foundation for the Arts grant to arrive, I was knitting endlessly, preparing for my upcoming shows, and then my partner came home for a week of R&R from working in the bush.

Calgary Yarnbomb #2

Then I was back to knitting, when I received word that I had also received a Canada Council for the Arts grant. Much merriment ensued, and my partner came home from the bush.

And then two days later, he died of a massive heart attack while I was out running some errands, and a large part of my raison d'ĂȘtre did too.

Reclamation project

Except I still had the shows to organize -- one to knit for, photograph, and frame, which is still in progress; and one to collect and organize yarn for, including the stuff above, as I will be knitting a half-labyrinth as a performance.

Writing or taking pictures for anything other than the show has been a luxury of time or logic I haven't been able to squeeze out until the last week or so.

In memoriam

But I'm not mostly hysterical all day and every day, which is a real improvement, and the work has kept me focussed at a time that my life after the middle of July looms like a black hole.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling ready to blog again. I've been even more relieved to see you slowly take up the fibers, the familiar, once more. More hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.