Monday 16 November 2009

As Seen on Radio

One of many taken today

One of the biggest challenges as an artist is to get your name out there, and I registered for a course about how to do just that this fall. It's not that I haven't been doing some PR work (heck, I've done it for others!) before.

Sadly, the course was cancelled at the last minute and rescheduled for the weekend we spent in Vancouver, but my efforts have finally started to seriously pay off.

At the end of September, I did a live interview over at CJSW on their Tuesday show ArtsLink that was a lot of fun, and yesterday, the interview I taped last Thursday with Russell Bowers of Daybreak Alberta, the province-wide CBC Radio One weekend morning show ran (to hear the interview you can scroll down until you see pictures of me and the work.)

It's long (just shy of eleven minutes), but full of good questions (on Russell's part) and a lot of laughter on my behalf, but it does get the point across, I think.

I took in How to Make a Peacock Fly

Poster

and Virginia Woolf Knits



plus we discussed fall fashion

Tree 2, shot 1

and the three exhibits I'm currently showing in.

Trying to describe visual art on the radio is, at best, a challenge though. Pictures really do make a big difference.

As the sun goes down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.